Wednesday, February 11, 2015

For the Emperor!

Who has two thumbs and found a good local resource for gently used Space Marines? This gal!






Managed to get my hands on a set of Terminators, Tactical marines and an Assault squad. I hadn't planned on playing Space Marines as the Tau had been the first to grab my attention, but when I was poking around the Warhammer 40K Wiki, I was surprised to find myself pulled to a couple of chapters.





I think these groups are going to get split up and painted up like the Celestial Lions and the Howling Griffons. I dig the possibilities for the decorative elements for the Lions (and OMG the fluff) and I really like the quartered look for the Griffons. The Dark Sons are another quartered possibility, but I love the brightness of the Griffons.



This will also give me a chance to try stripping paint from the minis as some of them have some heavy amounts of primer on them and the Terminators were probably destined to be Blood Angels at one point. The Skaven Doom wheel is still the current project, but I'm looking forward to these.

No comments:

Post a Comment